Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Four Seasons Merlot Red Wine


I received a bottle of Four Seasons Merlot red wine to review.


Merlot (pronounced mare-low) is named after a variety of thin-skinned grape that the wine is made from. The Merlot grapes are grown around the Four Seasons winery near Baramati, about 65 kms from Pune.


I found Merlot to be very mild and smooth. It has a kind of Plum flavor to it and is so easy to drink with Indian food.
Compared to other Indian wines, Four Seasons Merlot red wine is priced well and reasonable at around $10.


Here are some more info from their website:

Four Seasons Merlot

Type: Still Red Wine
Grapes: Merlot
Origin: Baramati, Maharashtra, India
Style: Dry

Tasting notes:
Color: Ruby red with a hint of garnet
Aroma: Delicious aromas of ripe black fruits, especially plums.
Palate: Medium bodied with soft tannins and a pleasant lasting finish.

Serving suggestion: Enjoyed best at 16 - 18 degree C with medium spiced Indian dishes as well as roast lamb with all the trimmings. 

For more information on Four Seasons visit: www.fourseasonsvineyards.com 
Follow Four Seasons on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/FourSeasonsWines

My earlier blog posts on wine tasting events: 

A rendezvous with wine









and

Food, Wine and Smiles


25 comments:

  1. That wine is great, had one last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your photos, beautifully taken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we lived close by..Would have got to taste..Superb shots

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wine for review? you should be lucky enough... Super clicks...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't tell you how many bottles of merlot I have consumed - not in India, though. It is a varietal grown in vineyards all over California and you can find inexpensive bottlings as well as extremely costly ones. I have had several award winners that were truly exceptional. I do miss my inexpensive CA wines. I'll have to try this merlot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great and your photo reviews are very creative
    come and link up with us on Travel photo Mondays....

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's not a bad item for review.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/07/wordless-wednesday-puppy-problems.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos and great wine review. I wish I could try it out but India is a bit far away. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are welcome to check out how a wine tasting I did in Rome looked like...
      http://www.travel-pb.com/2013/05/wine-tasting-in-rome.html

      Delete
  10. Lovelly Pictures, and a nice review. You made me want to taste this wine :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wine reviews would be even better than book reviews.
    Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm visiting from the hop. This is a great review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coming around from Friendship Friday. The wine sounds delicious. I just might have to give it a try!

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/2013/07/can-i-get-redo.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have tried this wine…It looks great <3

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this wine!
    Thanks for sharing. <3

    http://www.myimperfectfantasy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos, I especially like the middle one. Thanks for bringing it to our party :).
    BiTi
    http://www.pret-a-vivre.com/2013/07/my-dandelion-and-i-are-ready-to-waltz.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the photos checking your blog from crafty spices blog hop. I'm lorraine at http://lorrainesresources.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the pirtures,so beautiful..
    Although my favourite is chinese tea, I will go to own one for my father,because his birthday is coming..

    Black Tea

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, cool post. I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real hard work to make a great article… but I put things off too much and never seem to get started.

    Best Red Wine in India

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Now that what I say a informational blog, you have written it very beautifully. Thanks for sharing it.
    Wine shop koramangla
    Tonique koramangla

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is very attention-grabbing, You are a very professional blogger. I have joined your feed and sit up for looking for more of your great post. Keep sharing!
    san antonio winery reviews

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this wine it has unique flavour and taste there is on more wine brand that will give best wines in sonoma.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.