Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Rasovara's Majestic Mango Festival

Mango, the seductress among all fruits is in peak season right now. Rasovara, the royal kitchen, Bangalore is celebrating the fruit with the Majestic Mango Festival. 
Here's a photo tour of the plethora of mango based dishes I sampled last weekend...



Rasovara seems like a jewel in the luxurious UB City...


It offers both indoor and outdoor seating...


The tastefully done decor is elegant... 


Mango Ice tea was a good start...


Kairi cheela is a pan cake made from gram flour with an interesting mix of vegetables and kairi,  raw mango...


Jaipur Kairi Papad bhel...


Kairi Panna, a sweet and sour drink made from raw mango...


Khatta Meettha Samosa is a variation of the regular samosa. A touch of sourness from the mango combines well with the mild sweetness pleasing many taste buds...


Mango dhokla...


Mango pani puri and usual pani puri...


Raw mango spicy salad...


Khoba roti and aam ki launji has always been my favorite...


Kairi Kofta Makhani, dumplings with creamy, slightly sweet gravy...


Mango Mastani is a rich, creamy drink with bits of mango in it...


Shahi Kairi Malai is paneer and mango dumplings in cashew gravy...


Mango Dum Biriyani was unusual with flavor of mangoes. It was quite addictive...


Here's the full thali...



Some good desserts to end the meal. 
Mango Nargis Chum Chum...



Mango Malpua with Lachha Rabdi...




One thing I like about Rasovara is its very wide spread of rotational dishes which ensures that no dish is repeated in a month. The special mango dishes combine well with their usual thali menu. You might just need two stomachs to give full justice to the scrumptious, innovative and reasonably priced fare.  

 Leaving you with the smiles of the two key people behind the scene, Maharaj (chef) and the ever so cheerful Aji Nair, VP of FnB division of Mirah Hospitality...


Join me on Instagram

Like my Facebook page

12 comments:

  1. I'm one of the rare people who doesn't care for the taste of mango. It does look pretty in photos though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mango and all of this food looks so good to me. I enjoy all types of food and flavors. Thank you for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to be at this table! I love mangos! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mango but I'm not a big fan of it in savoury foods

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh the samosas and biryani look good to me. What a great feast :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mangos. The Khatta Meettha Samosas sound incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm afraid I would be as large as a house tasting all these treats!
    Thank you for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/05/the-dead-sea-aptly-named-im-afraid.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love mango and bought my first one this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    Thank you for coming to the Blogger's Pit Stop.
    Janice, Pit Stop Crew

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything sounds delicious, but mango dumplings in cashew gravy, oh my!!!! YUM! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.