Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Singapore food festival at Shiro

In line with the Singapore National Day celebration on the 9th of August, Shiro will be serving a specially curated menu of famous Singaporean dishes. I got a preview of the upcoming Singaporean culinary fare. 
Here's a photo tour...


Shiro is an award-winning Pan-Asian restaurant at UB City, Bangalore.  Its signature high ceilings and grand statues epitomize the essence of Shiro.


I started off with one of my old favorites, Peach ice tea...


Gado Gado Salad is a lesson in nutrition and taste...

Singaporean Laksa soup is a bowl of goodness...


Black pepper prawns are spicy little bits. The papaya salad comes handy to douse the fire...


The Singapore Sling is a gin-based cocktail. This gorgeous drink was developed sometime before 1915 by Ngiam Tong Boon, a Hainanese bartender working at the Long Bar in Raffles Hotel, Singapore...


Singaporean style chicken satay served with peanut sauce...


The Cashew chicken had the smoothest texture and comfortable spice level...



The stir fried cashew vegetables along with Jasmine rice was one of my favorites of the day. The broccoli and a little hit of peanut left me feeling delightfully healthy...


Lamb Rendang was another revelation. The pieces just melt in my mouth...



Tofu in Chili Sambal is not overly spiced as the name suggests. It is a must try for its simplicity...


The noodles need no selling, they are always so comforting...


Hainanese Chicken Rice was really to my liking. The rice was fragrant and moist. The chicken was soft and tender with perfect seasoning...


Shell crackers and picks are placed on the table and I guessed the next dish and prepared myself for a fight...


 The Singapore Chili Crab is a must have. Every order of this specialty dish comes with a complimentary glass of the famous Singapore Sling (only on August 9th)...


The steam buns is a good accompaniment with the crab...


 My co-diner's claws after the wrestle with the crab...

This Singaporean culinary feast kicks off with a special dinner to celebrate the Singapore National Day on the 9th of August 2016,  hosted by Ema Trinidad, founder of ExpatLife India. 

This specially curated Singaporean a la carte menu will be available for everyone for lunch and dinner from the 9th to the 14th of August. 

They have a few vegetarian dishes as well.  
Average cost for a couple would be Rs 2,500. 

You can find the complete menu at expatlifeindia.com/singaporeshiro.html

31 comments:

  1. Your pictures say it all, Shiju. Thank you for updating us with all the exciting culinary happenings in Bangalore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, wonderful...as is the lovely
    country of Singapore. Laksa soup has long been one of my favorites...& I had several Singapore Slings st Raffles Hotel in Singapore - though gin is normally not my choice of alcohol.

    Lucky for me, San Francisco is home to several branches of Straits Singapore Cafe so I get to indulge my love of some of the dishes you so beautifully
    portrayed. Our huge SF Dungeness crab are great prepared Singapore style.

    The ambiance is serene..very nice.

    Someday, I predict you are going to be a blimp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, wonderful...as is the lovely
    country of Singapore. Laksa soup has long been one of my favorites...& I had several Singapore Slings st Raffles Hotel in Singapore - though gin is normally not my choice of alcohol.

    Lucky for me, San Francisco is home to several branches of Straits Singapore Cafe so I get to indulge my love of some of the dishes you so beautifully
    portrayed. Our huge SF Dungeness crab are great prepared Singapore style.

    The ambiance is serene..very nice.

    Someday, I predict you are going to be a blimp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos take me right back, even drank my Singapore Sling in the Long Bar. Sounds like a great event #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me hungry - what a feast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! All these photos of the food are fabulous - it definitely makes me want to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A feast and some lovely looking summer cocktials

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food always looks so good

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a meal. I'm really hungry now! '-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the steam buns! #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very appetizing food photos. It's a pleasure to see food pictures where the food actually look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so tasty!
    I hope you'll come share your pix at this week's photo linky party at image-in-ing:
    http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/08/a-little-dab-of-color.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. The food in your photos looks fabulous. You really got to me with the lamb dish and the carb. Looks like way too much food to eat all at one meal, but I would not mind trying. Happy Singapore National Day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning venue. Food looks SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It all looks great! Good job on the photos! http://nanahood.com/nanahoods-having-a-birthday

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cool.the food looks so lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful looking food. I'm not into spicy but you showed a lot that would suit my palette. I better stop now before I get anymore calories from your post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tasty delicious dishes are served.
    A great celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have me drooling! yummy!
    http://travelingbugwiththreeboys-kelleyn.blogspot.com/2016/08/xuchang-reunion-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. The food looks amazing but that interior photo is world class. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mmmmm. Looks so nice and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. great celebration indeed. Those food look fantastic..and I guess gado-gado is pretty much Indonesian :). But well, we're close neighbors..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh dear! Now I have to go to the kitchen and find something to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That monolithic statue in the dining room is fantastic and a little intimidating. I think I'd go right for the peach tea and prawns, excellent photos as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh! Good thing I just ate recently or I would be chomping at the bits for all of this deliciousness! Wishing I had a tall glass of that peach ice tea! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.