Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Italian delights at Mezzaluna

I was invited to Movenpick Hotel and Spa Bangalore, for 'Italy on your Platter', a specially curated dinner at the gourmet Italian restaurant Mezzaluna. 
Here's a photo tour...



The spectacular interiors alone is worth a reason to visit this place...


The decor is so tastefully done. Everything is immaculately designed and oozes magnificence... 


I was told that chef Armando Di Filippo will be showcasing a wide range of authentic Italian pizzas. He turned out to be a straightforward man with some ruggedly practical style of cooking...


The ginger ale infused welcome drink...


As I wait for the pizzas, some special breads are served, all made from the same dough with some tweaking at baking time...



More appetizers are served. Zucchini, Bruschetta and Jalapeno cheese balls helped to whet my appetite...



 The pizzas were getting ready...



Soon the first pizza of the day arrived. Colosseo with cheese and crushed black pepper topping was thoroughly satisfying... 


Ponte Melvio is a tale of simplicity with lamb and Pecorino cheese...


As Armando suggested, beer goes well with his pizzas... 



The pasta and the cheesiness of Linguine Pizza makes it quite filling...


Then there was the visually stunning Piazza Del Popolo with artichoke and asparagus...



Pincio with rucola salad, parma ham and figs reveal an array of interesting flavors...





Aventino with Arrabbiata sauce. The delicate hint of garlic and chili is a fine touch...



Pantheon with fresh tomato and beef. The meat was allowed to be the star here...




All of the varieties are also available in the form of Calzoni. I am glad I tried the Fontana Di Trevi with Anchovies and prawns. I love Anchovies, they have a stronger taste than other fishes...


I ended the repast with a tiramisu made without eggs. It tasted amazing...


18 comments:

  1. I love that area painted to look like Venice. The parma ham and figs pizza appeals to me, and prawns and anchovy too. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. The setting is stunning...& the pizzas look absolutely orgasmic. Lucky you to be able to taste so many varieties at one sitting. The average soul would probably only have one. I would definitely want to go with a group so we could sample several. But beer...not for me...one of those fabulous Italian reds, like a Barolo would suit me fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely place to eat and drink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linguini pizza? Really? I would never have thought of that!
    Thanks for taking us along for a culinary tour and for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/08/cats-consumate-contortionists.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious! Love the detail on the dessert plate :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mural and decor of the restaurant. The pizzas look great. I'm going to show this post to my Italian foreign exchange student to see if she might like a pizza like one of the ones you've displayed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I would really like to know her perspective.

      Delete
  7. What amazing food photography, it all looks so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really it's a special place. I love the Italian food so much. If you ask why: My brother in law is an Italian.

    You can find my post, If you want
    https://happy-hour-with-picts.blogspot.de/2016/07/ein-besuch.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM, pizza and beer! They are two of my favorite things. Thanks for the review.
    Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything was presented so perfect. The pizza looks so wonderful. I love the fork with coffee, or tea grinds.

    http://www.anapeladay.com/2016/08/ww-my-little-pirates-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow... As much as I like coming over to visit, I almost want to stop coming because I always leave hungry LOl... Everything looks so delicious.
    Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cocktails and trompe d'oeil (sp?) but not sure if I'd go with the linguine pizza....?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks delicious pizza.
    Italian food is very tasty.
    Regards:)*
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man, I just finished dinner and that pizza is making me hungry. Thanks for sharing at the Blogger's Pit Stop.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.