Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Lunch at La Tapenade, Bangalore International Airport

One fine afternoon, I find myself with a few friends at La Tapenade, the Mediterranean Café at Kempegowda International Airport, Bangalore. Executive Chef Murali Murthy guides us through a meal that comprises of an array of  Mediterranean dishes. 

Here's a photo tour of the interesting meal...

The entire place looks like a ship and indeed amazing...




The decor is tastefully elegant with beautiful lighting and comfortable seating...


Hummus with a drizzle of sumac is soon served...



Chef suggested the Baba Ghanoush, a fire roasted eggplant dip...



Both were very good when paired with the pita bread...





Peach Iced tea  was very refreshing...


It was interesting to read the small cards containing Food Phrases from the Mediterranean region. These cards come along with the cocktail servings...


Here are some more of them...



Shish Taouk, grilled Lebanese spiced chicken skewers is served next. The toum dip with garlic foam was really really good with it...


I am not so fond of Falafel but it looked appealing for a picture...


Greek Salad was most refreshing with the tangy Greek dressing and mixed greens with tomatoes, red and yellow bell pepper, cucumber, olives and feta cheese...



There's a Mediterranean grill platter that contains fish kabab, prawns and shish taouk served with polenta, toum and mesclun salad. I especially liked the prawn...



Zatar roast chicken with steamed vegetables, herb polenta  and chunky tomato sauce. It lacked the spicy kick that I prefer. The chunky tomato sauce adjusts for that to some extent though...


The BBQ chicken pizza was exactly what I wanted. The thin crust puts the dough in a class of its own. The seasoning was perfect...



Equally good was the vegetarian version with diced onion, tomato, pepper, feta cheese and tomato sauce...



There are a variety of pasta to choose from. I tried the white sauce fusilli which was great... 



The penne in tomato sauce was even better...




Tiramisu was tasty. I really liked the art on the chocolate strip...



Cheese cake served with blueberry compote. I didn't eat this as I am slightly allergic to blueberry...



Sitting together with a group of people with a smooth flow of conversation while tasting interesting food was great fun...



I even indulged in the futile act of comparing apples and oranges at the fruits store at La Tapenade...


And Saroj was found taking a dig at men...


Here are a few more smiles...







Leaving you with the beautiful sky I saw at the airport... 







36 comments:

  1. The peach iced tea looks so refreshing and the blueberry cheesecake irresistible! Thank you and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried food photography, but your shots looks so tempting that I will have to try my hand at it.
    Hope to see you over at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/09/allium-glorious.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its soooooo mouthwatering....yummilicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing food! I love, love those food related phrases. I didn't now of any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is better than sharing food and conversation with good friends. Images are top notch. Excellent job.
    JM, IL-U.S.A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photography! The cheesecake looks delicious. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great reflections and the food looks so yummy. Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos of foods and good times with friends!
    Have a Beautiful Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have a very hard time choosing a dish. Lots looked really tasty! I love the idea of the cards. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. ummm, this all looks so amazing...and the best ??...the time you had with those you love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Made me smile! When flying around and about in a number of years, even from Morocco, England, Uganda, Kenya, and our U.S. state situations... the food and the people, AND the sky/cloud area... and over the ocean and the large lakes and rivers... I've taken hundreds of photos. And I never forget. Ya dun GOOD re: sharing. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That all looks SO delicious!! I'd just be happy with the dips and pita. Yummo. Love the sky photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great shots... as always!
    Thanks for coming by http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/09/nighttime-paddle-on-jordan-lake.html to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Food looks fabulous!!! I would like to invite you to party over at #OMHGWW

    ReplyDelete
  15. The choices looked wonderful and the restaurant looked like a really interesting place to eat, too :) Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always take such lovely photos! Thanks for joining us at WW at Create With Joy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That pizza looks incredibly delicious! Thanks for sharing over at Toronto Teacher Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pictures - love the definition!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're making me hungry, the food looks delicious! I love your photos, that looks like a great place to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  20. As always you have some great shots and everything looks so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great food photos and looks like great company! I like the lamp photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! An evening well spent! Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my! Look at all that incredible food! As always, you leave me feeling famished ;)

    Thank you for joining us for Photo Friday again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have me seriously drooling over here - everything looks so yummy! I love the food phrases cards, too - very enlightening! :)

    Hawaiian Black Sand Beach and Sea Turtles

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh! It's seriously making me hungry. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great post and very informative. Thanks for sharing at #OMHGWW!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks like it was a wonderful meal full of amazing flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Mediterranean Music was just awesome.......very nice place with great ambiance

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.